The University of Tsukuba will hold the 4th Student Digital Photo Contest from Dec. 3rd, 2018 to Feb. 15th, 2019, aiming to share the attractive points of the university with people inside and outside.
The theme of the contest is "Winter lives on the campus; Learning, Competition, Relaxation, etc."Please send your best pictures under the theme of "winter". We welcome any photos about the university such as people on the campus, in classes, at fieldwork, during breaks, or club activities.
The contest is expected to be an opportunity for students to rediscover the attractive points of the university. We welcome your photos taken from the students’ point of view. We look forward to your entries.
Winter lives on the campus; Learning, Competition, Relaxation, etc.
■ Application Period
From December 3 (Mon), 2018 to February 15 (Fri), 2019
Currently enrolled students of the University of Tsukuba
■ Screening and Award
Award winners will be chosen by the organizer. Tosho Card (bookstore gift card) will be given to the award winners.
|Highest Award (1 person)
||Tosho Card worth 10,000 yen
|Excellent Award (3 persons)
||Tosho Card worth 5,000 yen
|Honorable Mention (5 persons)
||Tosho Card worth 3,000 yen
■ Application Method
Applications must be submitted by email.
- Attach your photos to the email.
- Include your full name, affiliation (School, Graduate School, etc.), student ID number, photo title, and the shooting location in the email body.
- Write “photo contest 2018” in the email subject.
When you complete your email, please send it to the email address below.
||photo contest 2018
||full name, affiliation (School, Graduate School, etc.), student ID number, photo title, shooting location
■ Application Requirements
- Photos must be taken on Tsukuba campus, Tokyo campus, or at other facilities related to the University of Tsukuba.
- Photos must meet the following criteria:
- Photos submitted must be a JPEG file.
- Photos must be a minimum of 8-megapixels (as a guide, file size 2 to 3MB).
- We accept up to three (3) photos per person.
- All photos must be original and unpublished. We don’t accept photos that have already been applied for other contests.
- Photos may be in color or in black and white. Both horizontal and vertical images are acceptable. Trimmed photos are acceptable, too.
- Please be aware of copyrights or portrait rights of subjects. For a photo in which a certain individual is recognizable, ask for his/her permission (or, in case the model is a minor, ask his/her parent’s permission) before you send the entry.
- Submitted photos will not be returned.
- The photos must not be taken in any restricted area or in places where photography is prohibited. Also, you must not violate any laws or regulations.
■ Result Announcement
The award winners will be announced on the university's website in early March, 2019. The award winners will also be notified by email.
■ Consent and Copyright
- Applicants own the copyright of the photos applied for the contest.
- Applicants are considered to have agreed that the University of Tsukuba can use the applied photos free of charge.
- Applicants are considered to have waived their moral rights to the applied photos regarding the use of photos by the University of Tsukuba.
■ Use of Photos
- The photos applied for the contest will be used by the University of Tsukuba for the following purposes:
- - For use in the university’s PR activities, including printed material (newspaper, magazines, and posters) and web contents (the university’s website, facebook, YouTube, etc.)
- - For the university’s unique novelty items
- The photos may be edited by the University of Tsukuba. The name of the photographers may appear in any of the PR activities mentioned above.
Office of Public Relations, University of Tsukuba
■ Contact Information
Person in charge of media contents, Office of Public Relations, University of Tsukuba
Email: photocon#@#un.tsukuba.ac.jp (Remove "#" before sending mail.)