About the University
The University of Tsukuba aims to be an open university in all aspects and we are a frontrunner in the university reform in Japan. Our fundamental principle is to create a flexible education and research structure as well as a university system to meet the needs of the next generation. We aspire to be a comprehensive university, continuously meeting new challenges and developing new areas. The foremost mission of a university is to provide an environment that allows future leaders to realize their potential in full. The University of Tsukuba gives students the opportunity develop their individuality and skills through an education that is backed by cutting-edge research. Toward this end, we set the following goals.
- We aim to actively expand interdisciplinary and integrative approaches to education research, further specialized expertise and produce distinguished research.
- We aim to provide an environment that allows future leaders to realize their potential in full and gives them the opportunity to develop their individuality and skills through education that is backed by cutting-edge research.
- As the core of Tsukuba Science City with its concentration of scientific research institutes, we aim to promote collaboration among industry, academia and government, and actively contribute to society while continuing to strengthen our education and research capacity.
- Promotion of basic and applied researches with scientific and social values, and researches contributing to the inheritance of science and culture to the next generation
- Our university has links with countries and regions all over the world and we aim to become a university with high international reputation and influence by actively promoting world-class education and research activities and collaborative interaction.
- We take the initiative in university reform through collaborative work between staff and faculty members and valuing their individuality and abilities.