Seminar Houses / Welfare Facilities
Ishiuchi Training Center
- Abolishment of Ishiuchi Training Center (End Use: 2013.09.30)
2. Transportation Guide
About twenty minutes from Echigo Yuzawa Station by bus bound for Muikamachi via Maiko
A ten-minute walk from Manjoshinden Stop
Two-kilometer from Shiozawa Ishiuchi Interchange of Kanto Expressway by car
- Echigo Kotsu Bus Timetable: One-way fare 260 yen (the fourth stop from Ishiuch Ekikado)
3. Facility outline
Ishiuchi Training Center is located at the hilly area in Minami Uonuma City, Niigata Prefecture. There are a number of ski resorts around the training center, and it is a popular destination for skiers during winter season. The center is equipped with a training room and a workout room, suitable for training camp.
4. Eligible users
(1) Students, staff, faculty members of national universities in the Kanto-Koshinetsu Area
(2) Participants of the University of Tsukuba training program held by national universities in the Kanto-Koshinetsu Area
(3) Individuals approved by the university vice president in charge.
5. Accommodation Capacity
Staff and faculty members: 8
6. Closed days
Every Wednesday and Thursday
Every Wednesday from July to August and from December to March
Reservation for the days closed is negotiable.
7. Facility Information
The Number of Rooms
|Accommodation (Western-style)||9||8||For Students Only|
|Accommodation "Echigo", "Joetsu", "Kadono", "Maiko" (Japanese-style)||4||2 for each room||For Teachers Only|
|Dining Room||80||Breakfast: 8:00
|Bath Room||Open: 17:00 - 21:00
Amenities (shampoo, hair-dryer, etc) are available
|The 1st Training Room||72||Open: 9:00 - 22:00|
|The 2nd Training Room||45|
|The 3rd Training Room||27|
Large Room (Western-style)
- Advance reservation is required for the special meal (hors d'oeuvres-style dinner).
- OHP, piano, go (the game of go), shogi (Japanese chess), and table-tennis equipment are available. (Advance reservation is required)
- 10-minute walk to Saint Leisure Maiko Snow Resort
- You can enjoy onsen (hot springs), Ohara Undo Park, and historical travel in Minami Uonuma City, the location connected with Uesugi family
8. How to reserve
|Fee (one person/night)||Meal|
|Administrative cost||Air-conditioning cost
(for external users)
|980 yen||350 yen||210 yen||500 yen||700 yen||900 yen|
* Payment for meals can be made at the center.
10. Rules to be observed
- Follow the directions of the staff of the center when you use the facility (meals, bath).
- Users will have responsibility to make a bed and clean the room, seminar room, and corridor.
- Check-in: 15:00, Check-out: 8:00-10:00
- Doors are closed at 22:00. Lights are switched off at 23:00.
- Cooking in the facility is not allowed.
- Drinking in the facility requires permission from the staff of the center.
- Drinking and eating are allowed only in the dining room until 22:00. (It is not allowed in the accommodation rooms.) Please be careful not to get sick or alcoholic intoxication, while drinking.
- Please take responsibility for keeping your belongings in safe custody.
- Users are liable to make compensations in case of any loss or damage they may cause to the facility.
Office hours: 9:00-12:15, 13:15-17:00 on weekdays
Division of Student Welfare
Department of Student Affairs
3F of the Student Plaza
TEL: +81.29.853.2250/ FAX: +81.29.853.6015
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8577 Japan
12. Application forms
- Kenshu Shisetsu Riyo Yoyaku Hyo (Reservation for Training Center)
- Riyo Negai (Application form for Ishiuchi Training Center)
- Riyosha Meibo (users name list)
- Rules for users