The University of Tsukuba offers master's degree programs, doctoral degree programs, and professional degree programs.
The doctoral programs serve to create highly specialized researchers and professionals by giving students access to extensive knowledge in a variety of fields.
There are several types of doctoral degree programs: five-year consecutive programs that are not divided into separate master's and doctoral programs; five-year programs that are divided into master's and doctoral programs; and certain programs that combine the above two systems and have three-year doctoral programs as well.
Furthermore, the University of Tsukuba offers continuing education opportunities at the graduate level for the general public through daytime and evening courses, concentrated courses, and a system that allows them to take courses over an extended period of time.
In order to enhance collaboration with research institutes both within and around Tsukuba Science City, the university has also developed a Cooperative Graduate School system, which further contributes to the diversification of education.
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- This program intends to promote educational research on the modern society with its variety of issues by bringing together humanities and social sciences in a broader way in order to respond to complex issues in these fields.. (more)
- Business Sciences
- This program intends to train management executives or specialists with advanced legal minds to be responsive to this expansive market and precisely analyze and solve issues. (more)
- Pure and Applied Sciences
- This program's goal is to train researchers and high-level professionals to precisely respond to rapid social change with a view that incorporates basics to application and superior research skills. (more)
- Systems and Information Engineering
- This program intends to train personnel to contribute to human evolution in the 21st century with a broader and more comprehensive outlook, not only involved in development of individual technology but beyond the conventional frameworks of Social Engineering or Engineering graduate schools... (more)
- Life and Environmental Sciences
- In this program, students can acquire discipline knowledge and technologies in a cross-sectional method with research and education on themes of comprehensive exploration including basic scientific research on various live processes, application research on natural and social sciences ... (more)
- Comprehensive Human Sciences
- This program intends to produce superior researchers and professionals with a comprehensive point of view who make every effort to reorganize knowledge related to humanity to integrate the three sides within human beings: the living body, education and welfare, and psychology and human culture.. (more)