Fair Promotion of Research Activities
||To deal with misconduct such as data fabrication in research activities, the University of Tsukuba has set up rules of behavior to prevent such misconduct. Faculty members are asked to volunteer information on potential acts of misconduct.
|| Researchers' rules of behavior for fair promotion of research activities at the University of Tsukuba
||The dignity of Knowledge (Researcher's ethics)
||An ombudsman desk is available as follows.
Ombudsman Desk: Division of Research System Development,
*Misconduct reports by telephone are accepted from 9:00 to 17:00 on weekdays.
Department of Research Promotion
(Remove "#" from the above e-mail address before sending mail.)
Division of Research System Development, Department of Research Promotion
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8572 Japan
*To submit reports of misconduct by fax, please call us in advance.
When you submit a misconduct report:
- Fill in the form below when you suspect misconduct has occurred.
- Anonymous reports are not accepted (However, personal information of the person submitting the report will be confidential.) The name of the researcher or group of researchers who is alleged to have done misconduct, the situation of the alleged misconduct, and details of the misconduct should be specified. In addition, the scientific and reasonable reasons of the accusation must be stated.
- As a rule, a report must be submitted within 5 years from the day on which the misconduct occurred.
- Persons submitting a report of misconduct shall not be treated unfairly regarding personnel matters, salary, position, and working conditions as the result of the filing.
- In case the submitted report is found to be false and made out of malice, disciplinary actions will be taken based on the rules of the University of Tsukuba.
Top of Page