Guide to Workplace COVID-19 Vaccination (3rd University Vaccination)
To reduce the burden of COVID-19 vaccination on other areas and speed up vaccination, the University of Tsukuba will implement workplace COVID-19 vaccination at the university (3rd university vaccination).
Table of Contents
1. Persons eligible for vaccination
○ Students in the University of Tsukuba (Including credited auditors and non-degree research students)
○ Faculty members and employees in the University of Tsukuba (Including visiting faculty members and lecturers (non-full-time)
Others (Security, cleaning, temp staff, etc. who perform tasks on a routine basis in school)
○ Those who have been vaccinated at least 6 months after the second vaccination are eligible.
○ Those who are to receive a 1st or 2nd dose of the vaccine are not eligible, so please contact your local government.
○ Those who have been vaccinated for the 1st and 2nd doses of the vaccine at places other than the university's workplace vaccination site (large-scale vaccination site, etc.) can also be vaccinated.
○ Vaccination requires advance registration followed by registration in the reservation system.Please note that walk-ins will not get vaccinated. (Refer to "5. Advance registration and reservation method".)
○ Receiving the vaccination is not mandatory for those who cannot be vaccinated due to their physical constitution or pre-existing medical conditions, or because of the risk of adverse reactions after the vaccination. We also ask for your consideration so that those who do not wish to be vaccinated will not be treated in a discriminatory manner.
○ If you need special consideration for the vaccination, please contact the secretariat in advance.
2. Vaccination schedule (tentative)
June 6 (Monday) - June 21 (Tuesday), 2022 (excluding Saturdays and Sundays)
Vaccination hours: 13:00 - 16:00
* The vaccination schedule may change according to the number of advance registration applications.
3. Type of vaccine
○ Takeda/Moderna (SpikevaxTM intramuscular injection)
4. Vaccination Site
○ University Hall, University of Tsukuba (1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba)Campus Map
*Reception is located in the foyer in front of the auditorium on the 2nd floor. Map of the Vaccination Site
* For the parking lot, use the Art and Sport Sciences West Gate Parking Lot. (The gate is open during the period.)
5. Advance registration and reservation method
① Those who wish to be vaccinated must apply for advance registration on the "Advance Registration Form".
Advance registration period: April 18 (Monday) to April 25 (Monday), 2022 17:00
- Please log in to TWINS and check "Postings" ＞ "Notices from the University to Students (On-Campus Use Only)"＞"Advance registration for Workplace COVID-19 Vaccination (3rd University Vaccination)".
- The URL of the reservation site will be provided in the faculty member and employee-only site (on-campus use only) so apply for advance registration.
- You will be notified separately by the corresponding department.
② At a later date, a reservation guide email will be sent to those registered in the "Advance Registration Form", so please book the date and time using the reservation system at the URL provided.
○ Because of the need to determine the quantity of vaccines to be prepared, complete the registration within the above advance registration period.
○ Please be sure to register your reservation date and time in the reservation system, as advance registration alone is not enough to complete your reservation.
○ When changing the reservation date and time, reserve and register once again after canceling.
○ Cancellation of reservation must be made by the day before the reservation date.Cancellations must be made through My Page on the reservation site.
○ The reservation slots are scheduled every 15 minutes, but please arrive at the start time of each reservation slot to ensure a smooth vaccination process. (e.g. If your appointment time is between 13:00 and 13:15, please come to the reception by 13:00)
6. Things to bring on the day of the vaccination
① "Vaccination Voucher," "Prevaccination Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19 Vaccine" "Certificate of Vaccination"
(Pattern 1) Prevaccination Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19 Vaccine with Vaccination Voucher (with the vaccination voucher number printed in the upper right corner) + Certificate of Vaccination
(Pattern 2) Prevaccination Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19 Vaccine + Vaccination Voucher (Vaccination Voucher and Certificate of Vaccination combined)
* Forms vary by municipality, so if you are unsure, please bring the entire envelope with you.
* Please be sure to fill out the Prevaccination Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19 Vaccine and bring it with you.
② ID (Student ID card, employee ID card, driver's license, etc.)
○ Vaccination requires the Vaccination Voucher sent by the local government, so please be sure to prepare it in advance. If you do not have the Vaccination Voucher on the day of vaccination, you cannot be vaccinated.
○ If you have lost your Vaccination Voucher or moved to a new address after the 2nd vaccination, please apply for reissuance of the Vaccination Voucher to the municipality in which you reside.
○ If your identity cannot be confirmed, please note that you cannot get vaccinated.
7. At the site on the day of the vaccination
(1) Reception (Reservation confirmation, identity confirmation, and Prevaccination Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19 Vaccine confirmation) (Foyer in front of the 2nd floor Auditorium)
(2) Medical interview (3rd floor lounge)
(3) Vaccination (Foyer in front of the 3rd floor Auditorium)
(4) Issuance of the Certificate of Vaccination for COVID-19 and collection of the Prevaccination Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19 Vaccine (3rd floor Hall)
(5) Standby (3rd floor Hall) from 15 minutes to 30 minutes
(6) In the absence of side effects, this is the end of the vaccination (Exit from the 3rd floor Emergency Staircase)
○ To ensure a smooth vaccination process, please dress in something easier for you to bare your shouldersuch as a shirt with short-sleeves. Also, please wear a mask.
○ We cannot lend a change of clothes from the standpoint of infection countermeasures.
8. Prevaccination Screening Questionnaire for COVID-19 Vaccine
○ Please fill in the bold frame and be sure to bring it on the day of the vaccination.
○ Please make sure that the "address on the Certificate on the Residence" marked on the form is correct. If you make a mistake, please ask your local government to reissue the Vaccination Voucher.
○ For the "Body temperature before examination", check your body temperature before coming to the vaccination site. For those who cannot check their body temperature in advance, it is also possible to check your body temperature at the site
○ Please read the following instructions and make sure you understand the effects and adverse reactions receiving the vaccination.
Instructions for the COVID-19 vaccine (for Takeda/Moderna vaccine)
9. What to do after receiving the vaccine
○ After receiving the vaccine, please wait in the waiting area (3rd floor hall) for at least 15 minutes (at least 30 minutes for those who have had severe allergic symptoms including anaphylaxis in the past or those who have felt sick or fainted, etc.), and wait until you feel something abnormal. If you feel any such symptoms, please notify a staff member as soon as possible. (This makes it possible to respond to sudden adverse reaction. )
○ Keep the injected area clean. Although bathing on the day of vaccination is not a problem, please do not rub the injected area.
○ You can usually return to you normal daily activities, however, please refrain from strenuous exercise and avoid excessive alcohol intake on the day of the procedure.
10. Reference websites
○ Please visit the following websites to familiarize yourself with the benefits and adverse reactions of the vaccine before receiving the vaccination.
【Contact Information about the Vaccination】
Risk Management Section, Division of Risk Management, Department of General Affairs
TEL: 029-853-2195, 2381, 2106 (weekdays 9:00-17:00)
Remove "#" from the above e-mail address before sending mail.