Re-Starting Extracurricular / Club Activities (Under COVID-19 Crisis)
*JP Original Posting Date；Oct.1, 2020
As of October 1(2020), the University permits the student-organizations to restart face-to-face activities according to the guide; 団体活動開始ガイドライン (Guideline for Re-Starting Activities). If you wish to resume your face-to-face activities, it is necessary to submit the form "団体活動開始届; Notification to Resume Activities" to the Division of Student Welfare. Please read through the following guideline and complete the application process.
Extracurricular Activities (Clubs and Circles)
Student groups at the University of Tsukuba are divided into the following two types.
- Student groups authorized by the university:Extracurricular activity groups authorized by the university
- ・The list of Student groups authorized by the university (Japanese Page)
- Student groups:Student groups voluntarily organized by students
- ・The list of Student groups (Japanese Page)
- ・Guidebook of Club Activity
- Authorized student groups are given priority for using facilities and equipment at the university. In addition, they are allowed to participate in external activities as students of the university.
The University of Tsukuba boasts a number of students who are active in the international arena in sports, culture, and arts in addition to academic research field.
Extracurricular Activity Groups
The representatives of extracurricular activity groups organize Circle Rengokai [Circle Association] for smooth extracurricular activities. The Circle Rengokai is divided into the following three categories.
Extracurricular Activity Group Meeting
Representatives selected from each extracurricular activity group gather to meet at the of Circle Rengokai. Approvals of extracurricular activity group are made through the extracurricular activity group meeting.