"This is not Japan, its altogether a different country", this is what most of the visitors to the University of Tsukuba comment. The University of Tsukuba is well known for its beautiful campus, from where Mt. Tsukuba can be seen. The loop line fringed with green rows of trees and promenades stretching as far as the eye can see are a few of those features that steal the visitors' heart away.
The University of Tsukuba Campus
The University of Tsukuba campus is located between Higashi Odori and Nishi Odori which run north to south and is divided into five areas.
- ・North area: Ichonoya student dormitory
- ・Central area: School of Humanities and Culture, School of Social and International Studies, School of Life and Environmental Sciences, School of Science and Engineering, School of Informatics, School of Human Sciences
- ・South area: School of Health and Physical Education, School of Art and Design, Hirasuna and Oikoshi student dormitory
- ・West area: Cluster of Medical Sciences
- ・Kasuga area: School of Informatics
The campus extends 5km from north to south and 1km from east to west and is divided into five areas. Each area is linked by a loop road. A promenade called "Pede" and bicycle paths run through all five areas and reach to the center of Tsukuba city. Students living in student dormitories in the north area, south area, and Kasuga area commute by on-campus bus or by bicycle using the bicycle paths.
These innovative facilities are open to the public and used for domestic and international academic exchange, educational activity and sports events for citizens.