Request For Certificate or Diploma (Schools, Colleges, Tokyo University of Education)
●Suspension of certificate issuance service in Fiscal Year 2021
The service of certificate issuance will be suspended as following schedule. During the period, the mail service also will be suspended. Therefore, issuing a certificate by mail takes longer than usual. Please keep in mind this point and taking a plenty of time in advance if you would like to use the mail service, especially applying the issuance of a certificate. We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
The period of suspension
Reason for suspension
August 7, 2021 (Sat) - August 15 (Sun)
December 29, 2021 (Wed) - January 3, 2022 (Mon)
March 30, 2022 (Wed) Afternoon - April 1 (Fri)
Update at the end of fiscal year
※The schedule of Tokyo-campus is not always the same as Tsukuba.
Please confirm details on the website of Tokyo-campus. http://www.office.otsuka.tsukuba.ac.jp/en/
■ About the request and issuance of certificates for graduates of the Schools and Colleges of the University of Tsukuba, the Tokyo University of Education, and the Tokyo Higher Normal School
Number of Days Required for Issuance
|Types of Document
|Number of days required for issuance|
|Graduates of the University of Tsukuba||Graduates of Tokyo University of Education / Tokyo Higher Normal School|
|Certificate of Completion||Japanese||Immediately||Immediately||10 business days|
|Certificate of Academic Record||Japanese||-||2-3 business days||10 business days|
|English||Immediately||5-7 business days|
|Certificate of Academic Record and Completion||Japanese only||Immediately||-||-|
|Certificate of Academic Record and Enrollment||Japanese only||Immediately||-||-|
|Certificate of Enrollment||Japanese||Immediately||Immediately||10 business days|
|(#)Certificate of credits
for teacher's license
|Japanese only||15 business days||15 business days||15 business days|
|Certificate of credits for social
|Japanese only||10 business days||10 business days||10 business days|
|Certificate of credits for curators||Japanese only||10 business days||10 business days||10 business days|
|Certificate of credits for librarians||Japanese only||10 business days||* The certificate is issued for students who enrolled in the University of Tsukuba for the 2003 academic year and later.
For graduates of the University of Library and Information Science: Please contact the Academic Service Office for the Library, Information and Media Studies Area.
- ・Office Hours: 9:15-12:15, 13:15-17:00 on weekdays
- ・The issuance of certificates may take longer than stated above, during the year-end and New Year holidays, the Golden Week holidays, Summer Recess, and the university's busy seasons from January to April. Please make sure to apply well in advance considering processing time.
- ・Certifications cannot be issued immediately during the temporary halt of the university's web system.
- ・Please note that the immediate issuance of certificates will not be available during two business days after April 1 on, due to the university's web system halt.
- ・The number of days required for issuance does not include the days taken for delivery.
- ・In case you request for a certificate other than the university specified form, it would take about 1-3 weeks to issue a certificate. Please contact the respective office in advance when you need advice.
- ・When requesting "Kyoin Menkyo Shutoku Shinseisho [Certificate of credits for teacher's license]", please follow the instructions below.
- (Former name: Kiso Shikaku / Tanni Shutoku Shomeisho. The names have been changed since April 1, 2009.)
- Instructions when requesting Kyoin Menkyo Shutoku Shinseisho [Transcript of credit for application for teacher license] (PDF 10KB) (Japanese Only)
How to Request and Receive Certificates
You can request and receive certificates at the Administration Center or by mail. Certificates are issued free of charge. However, if you wish to receive the certificates by mail, you are asked to bear the postage charge incurred.
※ Please be informed that applications by telephone, fax, and email will not be accepted.
1. Request and Issuance of Certificates
Place: Window Number 2 (Certificates for Graduates from Undergraduate Program), Admission Center, 2F, Administration Center (Honbu To), University of Tsukuba
Office Hours: 9:15-12:15, 13:15-17:00 on weekdays
※ Please note that the Issuance of Certificates are out of service on Saturdays, Sundays, National holidays, Year-end and New-year holidays (12/28-1/4), GW holidays, and during the Summer Recess.
Address: 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8577 Japan Office: Issuance of Certificates (Shomeisho Tanto), Division of Educational Promotion, Department of Educational Promotion, University of Tsukuba
Application forms are available at the inquiry window. Please bring an identification card (like a driver's license card) with you, for ID purpose.
2. Request of Certificates by Postal Mail
If you wish to receive a certificate by postal mail, please fill out the corresponding form below and send it by postal mail to the inquiry address stated above (1). The form is downloadable from the link below.
- ・Request for Issuance of Certificates (Form for Undergraduate) (PDF 253KB) (Japanese Only)
- ・Requisition form (Tokyo University of Education) (PDF 123KB) (Japanese Only)
* Click here, if you can't view the above files. (Japanese Only)
3. Receiving Certificates by Postal Mail
If you wish to receive the certificates by mail, you are asked to bear the postage charge incurred. Be sure to enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope. Please calculate the postage cost by yourself, referring to the website of the Japan Post.
- (For Reference)
- ・A certification form weighs about 5g.
- ・A sealed envelope weighs about 5g. (Certificates will not be sealed unless it is specified in above.)
- ・Please make sure to put enough postage stamps on an envelope.
- The following information is for your reference.
- A graduate diploma: 1 sheet of paper
- A Japanese transcript: 1-2 sheets of paper
- An English transcript: 1-3 sheets of paper
- In case the amount of stamps were not enough, the addressee will be charged for the unpaid postage fee (Fusoku Ryokin Uketorinin Barai).
- To request and receive certificates from overseas, please enclose one of the following items in your letter:
- ・A self-addressed envelope with Japanese stamps
- ・A self-addressed envelope with an international reply coupon (IRC)
- ・A self-addressed envelope paid using Cash on Delivery (COD) through FedEx or other delivery services.
- The University takes no responsibility for any loss or damage that occurred during the transport.
4. Receiving Certificates by Proxy
A letter of proxy is needed to let a proxy receive your certifications or to send an envelope addressed to the proxy. The letter of proxy must be written in the applicant's original handwriting with his or her signature and seal. (Format: Proxy letter)
When the proxy comes to receive a certificate at the Inquiry window (number 5), his or her identification card (like a driver's license card) is needed for ID purpose.
Format:Proxy Letter (Japanese Only)
※If the "proxy letter" form above cannot be used, you can fill out necessary matters in any format.(Style Free)
Issuance of Certificates (Shomeisho Tanto), Division of Educational Promotion, Department of Educational Promotion, University of Tsukuba
Place: 2F of the Administration Center
Office hours: 9:15-12:15, 13:15-17:00 on weekdays