Accommodation for Visitors
There is Global Guest House (Kasuga area complex) as the accommodation facility on Tsukuba Campus. Please read the precautions below before making your reservation.
Global Guest House (Kasuga area complex)
Person Eligible to Use the Facility
- Executive officers, faculty members, and employees of our university
- Researcher prescribed in Article 2 of the Research Acceptance Regulations of the University of Tsukuba (Corporation Regulations No. 53 of 2005)
- Researchers, etc. invited by our university
- Other persons concerned that have business with our university
- Guest House (short-term accommodation facility for single persons): 22 rooms (including 1 wheelchair-accessible room)
- Monthly Guest House (Long-term accommodation facility for single persons): 28 rooms (including 2 wheelchair-accessible rooms)
- Guest House
・The Global Guest House desk will accept reservations so make a reservation by calling the following:
・The application for the use of the Guest House is accepted from one month prior to the day of check in (if that day is a holiday, the previous day) to 17:30 of the previous day.
・When moving in to the Guest house, you will need to submit an application. The form can be filled out at the reception desk on the day of your arrival, but if you wish to have the form completed in advance, please fill out the form below and submit a printed copy to the reception desk on the day of your arrival.
「Application for Permission to Stay at the Global Guest House」【Duplex Printing】
「Breakdown for the Application for Permission to Stay at the Global Guest House*」
* Only in the case of multiple applicants, you can fill in the breakdown for all the applicants except for the representative.
- Monthly Guest house
・Because submission of the application documents is required to use the Monthly Guest House, contact the Division of Facilities Management Office through your department.
Here is the link to the Staff Page (accessible only by staff and faculty of the University of Tsukuba).
Method of Payment of the Accommodation Charge
The lodger should directly pay the charge for the number of nights at check-in.
* We accept only credit card payment or QR code payment.
* Receipts cannot be issued at the time of reception due to accounting procedures.
Please ask at the reception desk for a certificate of accommodation, which can be issued.
If you need a receipt, please contact the Division of Facilities Management Office.
However, please note that the issuance will be made two months after the month of payment.
- Guest House (short-term accommodation facility): Less than 1 month at the longest
- Monthly Guest House (long-term accommodation facility): More than 1 month and within 1 year
Guest HouseAccommodation Rates: 4,700 yen per night
- *If you need bathrobes, bring one or you can rental for 300yen per piece.
Monthly Guest HouseAccommodation Rates: 67,000 yen per month
- Utility charges (actual expenses)
- Internet utility charges (for all lodgers required): 2,750 yen per month
- Bedding rental charge (only those who are interested): 3,850 yen per month *If you need bathrobes, bring one or you can rental for 300yen per piece.
- Cleaning fee upon move-out (paid at the start of stay): 22,000 yen
*Additional payment may be required depending on the condition of the room at the time of move-out.
These above charges are separate.
All charges are tax included.
Location1-2 Kasuga, Tsukuba (within Kasuga area)
Rooms (For single persons)Guest House: 22 rooms(including 1 wheelchair-accessible room)
Monthly Guest House: 28 rooms (including 2 wheelchair-accessible rooms)
|Guest House||Desk, bed, closet, air conditioner, unit bath, toilet, kitchenette, hairdryer, refrigerator, microwave, electric kettle, and Internet (Wi-Fi) (wheelchair-accessible room only: electric bed, rack and chest)|
|Desk, bed, closet, air conditioner, unit bath, toilet, kitchenette, hairdryer, refrigerator, microwave, and Internet (Wi-Fi) (wheelchair-accessible room only: electric bed, rack and chest)|
|Amenities||Guest House||Bedding items, towel, bath towel, toothbrush set, razor, shampoo, rinse, etc., are also provided.|
|None *Bedding items, towel, bath towel are available for rent.
(Bedding rental charge(3,850yen per month) is required.)
|Laundry Room||Washing machine and dryer Charges: 100 yen per use|
※If you need bathrobes, bring one or you can rental for 300yen per piece.
※At time of check in, bed should be made by yourself.
※Tableware (paper cups, paper plates, chopsticks, forks, spoons, and hand towels) can be provided to those who wish to use them.
Map: Click here