Exchange Students (Tokubetsu Chokogakusei)
Exchange students (Tokubetsu Chokogakusei) are undergraduate students or graduate students from other universities who wish to attend courses at the University of Tsukuba. Their admission is granted upon mutual consultation between the two universities. Exchange students can earn credits if they pass the required examinations, and credit transfer is also available depending on the system at their home universities. Exchange students should confirm the credit transfer arrangements with the International Office at their home universities before applying for the exchange programs at the University of Tsukuba.
- ・This program is open to international students who are enrolled in other universities and who wish to take courses at the University of Tsukuba.
- ・Applicants must arrange a formal letter of request for admission sent directly from the president of their home institution to the president of this university at least five months prior to the new semester. Final approval will be obtained through permission from the related colleges/graduate courses of this university.
- ・As a rule, all courses are conducted in Japanese. There are, however, a limited number of courses in English which target undergraduate students, specifically those on the "Junior Year at Tsukuba Program (JTP)".
- ・Applicants are required to make advance contact with academic advisors of this university in their major fields of study. Acceptance will be difficult without an academic advisor.
Exchange Research Students (Tokubetsu Kenkyugakusei)
Exchange research students (Tokubetsu Kenkyugakusei) are students of other universities, with which the University of Tsukuba has agreements, who are receiving guidance from supervisors at the graduate level at the University of Tsukuba.
- ・This program is open to international students who are enrolled in graduate programs of other universities and who wish to undertake studies in the graduate schools of this university.
- ・Applicants must arrange to have a fomal letter of request for admission send directly from the president of their home institution to the president of this university at least three months prior to the beginning of this university.
- ・Applicants are required to make advance contact with academic advisors of this university in charge of assisting them with their study plan.