SEAMEO Congress 2021
The Southeast Asian Education Ministries Join Hands to Transform Education, Science and Culture in the Digital Era
The Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Malaysia and the Ministry of Education, Thailand will jointly organise the SEAMEO Congress 2021 (Virtual) with the theme "Transforming Southeast Asian Education, Science and Culture in the Digital Age" on 28-29 April 2021 by using the interactive virtual conference platform.
SEAMEO Congress 2021 will bring together a diverse set of actors from approximately 10,000 participants who are from government organisations, educational institutions, development agencies and industries to discuss regional policy directions and strategies on how to transform education, science and culture amidst new challenges of digital age.
H E Dr Radzi Jidin, Senior Minister of Education of Malaysia and SEAMEO Council President will deliver a Keynote Presentation on 28 April. 11 Southeast Asian Ministers of Education and the Minister of Education of Bangladesh (TBC) will share views on the Future's Agenda of Education on 29 April.
SEAMEO Congress 2021 highlights include emerging trends in Education, Science, and Culture through 6 plenary sessions, 13 parallel sub-sessions, and 4 STEM workshops by 83 invited world-class speakers. The SEAMEO Congress 2021 also provides opportunities for university lecturers and teachers to present 50 academic research papers, and 50 e-posters on Teaching and Learning Innovations. At least 20 video clips on the Stories of Success for Transformation and Innovation in the Post COVID-19 Pandemic by the Southeast Asian teachers and students will be showcased. The participants will experience and interact with over 50 virtual booths and join the 30 market place presentations from SEAMEO partners, SEAMEO Regional Centres, and industries.
A launching ceremony for the two newly established SEAMEO Regional Centres, namely, SEAMEO Regional Centre on Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics Education (SEAMEO STEM-ED), and SEAMEO Regional Centre for Sufficiency Economy Philosophy for Sustainability (SEAMEO SEPS) will also be conducted with a spectacular science show on the virtual platform.
The SEAMEO Congress 2021 is co-organised by UNESCO Asia and Pacific Reginal Bureau for Education (UNESCO Bangkok), SEAMEO STEM-ED, SEAMEO SEPS; sponsored by Nisai Group (UK), John Wiley & Sons (Singapore), Chevron Enjoy Science (Thailand), Equitable Education Fund (Thailand), FESTO Didactic SE (Germany) and 16 Supporting Partners who are governmental agencies, global/regional development agencies, universities and private enterprises.
The SEAMEO Congress 2021 is open free of charge. Only 9,500 seats are available with a first come first serve basis. The deadline for online-registration is 10 April 2021.
Why you should not miss SEAMEO Congress 2021
- Joining regional effort and contributing to the regional policy directions for the Southeast Asian region and beyond.
- Updating all emerging trends in Education, Science, and Culture from 11 Southeast Asian Ministers of Education and 83 world-class experts/speakers.
- Learning and discovering effective models for replication that will give your institution a competitive advantage.
- Experiencing a new normal through the most interactive and dynamic congress platform.
- Building your network with the interactive features of the Virtual Congress Platform with speakers and potential partners.
- Accessing relevant programmes for self and professional development at your finger-tips.
- Free registration for all!
Insightful Discussions and Learning on Emerging Trends:
- Reimagining People Transformation towards SDGs
- Building Back Better: Actions for Digital Transformation in AI era
- Transforming Education for Quality Learning Outcomes
- Empowering Teachers and Learners to Address Learning Poverty
- Health Literacy and School Nutrition: Eradicating Barriers to Learning
- Building a Future for the Alpha Generation
- GCED and ICT Skills: Life at Post COVID-19
- The Future of Work: Youth Skills in the Digital Age
- Transforming Education in the Post COVID-19 Era
- K to 12 Models and Educational Innovation
- TVET in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (IR 4.0)
- Transforming Higher Education in the Digital Era
- STEM Education Design for Improving the Quality of Workforce
- Sufficiency Economy Philosophy and the New Normal: Balancing Reforms for Achieving SDGs
- Southeast Asian Education and Future's Agenda
Intensive Workshops for STEM Education
- Policy Design for STEM Workforce
- School Improvement to Strengthen STEM Education
- Interactive STEM Teaching Strategies
- Integrating STEM into the Science Curriculum through Authentic Problem-based Learning Experience.
For inquiries, please contact:
Ms Piyapa Su-angavatin, KM Manager
SEAMEO Secretariat, Bangkok
Email: piyapa#@#seameo.org; secretariat#@#seameo.org; congress2021#@#seameo.org
(Remove "#" from the above e-mail address before sending mail.)