Alumni Vividly Talk about "Adventurers' DESIGN THE FUTURE." - The 151st+50th Anniversary of the University of Tsukuba -
"What was the significance of your studies at the University of Tsukuba for your life?"
"And what does 'adventure' mean to you?"
Following the commemorative ceremony, student moderators asked the senior alumni such questions.
The event, called "Interview with Alumni," was held during the 50th anniversary ceremony of the University of Tsukuba (September 30, Tsukuba International Congress Center).
Alumni who are active in various fields took the stage or appeared in video messages under the three themes of "Sports Science," "Media Information," and "Global Scene."
The following is a list of the people who appeared at the event.
- Mr. KUDO Kimiyasu (former professional baseball head coach / Master of Physical Education)
- Professor Emeritus SHIRAKI Hitoshi
- Mr. MATSUMOTO Yukihiro (Executive Director, Ruby Association)
- Visiting Professor NOBORI Daiyu
- Ms. ADACHI Kanako (Deputy Director, Operations Support Department, JICA)
- Specially Appointed Professor MINOWA Mari
Interview from a seat at the venue
- Mr. TAJIMA Kozo (Chairman, Japan Football Association)
- Mr. MITOMA Kaoru (Japan national soccer team player)
- Mr. NAGASE Takanori (Judo Athlete / Tokyo Olympic Gold Medalist)
- Ms. Joy M. SORROSA (President, Davao del Norte State College)
- Associate Professor OCHIAI Yoichi
The student moderators were Ms. OGURI Aoi, a senior in the College of Social Sciences, and Mr. AMANO Hayata, a senior in the College of Comparative Culture.
The commemoration ceremony, the commemorative lecture, and the interview with the graduates can be watched on the official website and the official YouTube Channel of the University of Tsukuba. Please take a look.
151st+50th Anniversary Ceremony of University of Tsukuba (2023.9.30)
with simultaneous interpretation in English
The university's slogan for the next 50 years is "DESIGN THE FUTURE, TOGETHER." The University of Tsukuba hopes to contribute to create the future by deepening its engagement with the community and transcending barriers between borders, industry, government and academia.