Campus Life

Change of Status

Only those students who hold the residence status of "Student" are considered to be international students. Therefore, applications for scholarships are accepted only for students who hold the "Student" status.
Students who have entered Japan under a different visa at the time of admission should change their status at the Immigration Office immediately after enrollment

Necessary Documents

  • Application for Change of Status of Residence (available at the Regional Immigration Bureau)
  • Permission to Renew Student Status (a document prepared by the Division of Student Exchange indicating your academic affiliation
  • Passport
  • Certificate of Admission (in lieu of Certificate of Enrollment)
  • Documents certifying the substance of the research or the subjects and the number of classes (in case of research students or credited auditors)
  • 4,000 Yen revenue stamp (service charge)
  • In some cases, international students from China, Bangladesh, Myanmar, and Mongolia may be required to provide documents that prove their financial ability to cover the living expenses (see note at the top of this page for a list of such documents)

Change of Status for Employment Searching

Celebrating the 151st{50th Anniversary of the University of Tsukuba
Celebrating the 151st{50th Anniversary of the University of Tsukuba