• Work Permit

    Since international students are here for the purpose of study and research, part-time work is not recommended. However, if it is absolutely necessary, you can apply for permission at the Regional Immigration Bureau to obtain a part-time job and may receive permission (not required in the case of teaching assistant, research assistant or tutor) to work for up to 28 hours a week. You may work for up to 8 hours per day during vacation periods in summer, winter and spring as designated by the university. Please consult with your advisor before you start working.
    If you engage in part-time work without permission, you may be subject to legal punishment. Please be aware that international students are prohibited from engaging in part-time work that are contrary to contemporary public morals (e.g. cabarets, pinball parlors, mah-jong clubs, massage parlors, strip-show theaters, love hotels, etc.). In addition, international students on leave may not work.

    Necessary Documents

    • 1. Application for Permission to Engage in Activity other than that Permitted under the Status of Residence Previously Granted (available at the Regional Immigration Bureau)
    • 2. Document indicating the nature of non-academic activities
    • 3. Residence Card or Certificate of Alien Registration
    • 4. Passport

    Please come to the Division of Student Exchange (1st floor, 1A building) after receiving the work permit from the Regional Immigration Bureau.

    Related Contents

    Copyright © 2016 University of Tsukuba All Rights Reserved.

    1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8577 Japan